You may qualify for a Non-Immigrant O Visa, which is extendable on the basis of marriage to a Thai national ("Thai Family Visa"), if:
1. you are married to a Thai national;
2. you can provide a bank statement which should indicate a certain mount of money deposited in your account (for example, not less than USD 700 or equivalent of this amount in any currency).*
*Please note that submission of a bank statement shall be supplemented with an official letter from the bank verifying the respective account and its actual balance. Also, please note that a bank account shall be opened in your name.
REQUIREMENTS FOR EXTENSION:
1. issued Non-Immigrant O Visa;
2. valid and effective marriage to a Thai national;
3. you have not less than 400,000 Thai Baht deposited in your account in a Thai bank not less than two (2) months prior to the application date*; or
4, you have a monthly income of not less than 40,000 Thai Baht**
5. proof of residence:
i. a house registration;
ii. a rental contract;
iii. an original and a copy of a title document, if you own a condo;
iv. a letter from a hotel/guesthouse that hosts you.
* Please note that this requirement does not apply to a female applicant.
1. you, as a holder of Thai Family Visa, are entitled to work in Thailand as well as to hold any consultancy positions in Thai registered companies, provided that you will obtain a work permit;
2. you have to report to the respective immigration office every 90 days (90-reports).
For any questions or clarifications, please do not hesitate o contact us.