Education Visa


If you wish to study or do internship in Thailand, then you have to apply for a Non-Immigrant ED Visa ("Education Visa").  You may qualify for Education Visa, if:

1.  you have received an original letter of acceptance from the respective education institution (school, institute, or university) in Thailand;

2.  you have received all required documents from the respective education institution (school, institute, or university) in Thailand;

3.  you can provide a bank statement which should indicate a certain mount of money deposited in your account (for example, not less than USD 700 or equivalent of this amount in any currency).  You also can provide a family account's bank statement, provided that it should indicate a certain amount of money deposited in that family bank account (for example, USD 1,500).*  

* The respective Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate-General may provide you with a detailed information on financial requirements concerned.  

You also can apply for Education Visa through the process of changing type of your visa (you have entered Thailand on a Tourist Visa) or changing your status (you have entered Thailand under the applicable visa-free regime) while you stay in Thailand.. 



1.  issued Non-Immigrant ED Visa or changed visa or status in Thailand;

2.  an original letter from the respective education institution (school, institute, or university) confirming that you actually attend courses/take classes;

3.  all necessary documentation from your education institution (school, institute, or university);

4.  witness testimony from one of your classmate - confirmation of actual attendance of courses/taking classes. 



1.  you are not entitled to work, do business, or hold any consultancy positions in Thailand;

2. you have to submit 90-reports to the respective immigration office.     


For questions or clarifications, please do not hesitate to contact us.

  • retirement image.jpg
    GENERAL INFORMATION: You may qualify for a Non-Immigrant O (O-A) Visa for the retirement purposes ("Retirement Visa"}, if: 1. your age is 50 years old or over; 2. you have not le...

  • family.jpg
    GENERAL INFORMATION: You may qualify for a Non-Immigrant O Visa, which is extendable on the basis of marriage to a Thai national ("Thai Family Visa"), if: 1. you are married to a ...

  • High-rise constructions
    GENERAL INFORMATION: In general, Non-Immigrant B Visas are issued for the following purposes: 1. doing business in Thailand (Business); 2. working in Thailand as a teacher (Englis...

  • Support.png
    THAI CHILD SUPPORT If you are not married to a Thai national, but have a child with a Thai national or wishing to adopt a Thai child, then you may quali...

  • 90-day report.jpg
    In accordance with Thai immigration legislation, any foreign national holding a long-stay visa has to report his/her actual address to the nearest immigration office every 90 days....

  • Re-Entry.jpg
    If you are holder of an effective Thai visa and you would like to leave Thailand and return back to Thailand during the period of validity of your visa, you have to obtain a re-ent...

  • Residence Certificate.jpg
    If you plan to stay in Thailand for a period of time, you will probably face situations when you will need to prove your actual residence in Thailand (your actual residential addre...

  • images (1).jpg
    We also provide other immigration and visa related services to foreigners wishing to move to Chiang Mai or living in Chiang May. Typical services we additionally provide to our cli...

Contact Form

Visitors: 2,616