Business Visa



In general, Non-Immigrant B Visas are issued for the following purposes:

1.  doing business in Thailand (Business);

2.  working in Thailand as a teacher (English language teacher, for instance); or

3.  working in Thailand (Working), provided that you is not supposed to occupy a profession that is prohibited for occupation by foreign nationals.  

You may qualify for Non-Immigrant B Visa (Working), if:

1.  you have an effective job offer from a company registered in Thailand;

2.  you are supposed to occupy a profession that is not prohibited for occupation in Thailand;

3.  your company can provide you with all necessary documents for granting you a Non-Immigrant B Visa.




1.  you have valid and effective Thai Work Permit;

2.  your employer can provide you with all necessary documents for extension;

3.  your employer (company) meets the following specific requirement:

    i.   its registered capital is not less than 2,000,000 Thai Baht per one (1) work permit; this minimum threshold decreases to 1,000,000 Thai Baht per one (1) work permit provided that you are married to a Thai national; and

    ii.  it maintains a ratio of one (1) employed foreign national to four (4) employed Thai nationals. 

4.  your salary meets the minimum financial requirements, as they set by relevant Thai regulations and rules.  For example, U.S. nationals have to be paid not less than 60,000 Thai Baht per month. 




1.  non-Immigrant B Visa (Working) does not automatically allows you to work in Thailand, but just enables you to apply for a work permit;

2.  Thai Work Permit is the only document that allows you to work in Thailand;

3.  the above minimum financial requirements do apply for visa extension and work permit granting purposes.  Your actual salary may vary.  However, it is strongly recommended to follow these requirements, otherwise you may face some difficulties with extension of your visa.

4.  each case is individual, therefore please make sure that you have consulted with your employer or an external visa adviser on extension of your visa.


We intentionally do not specify requirements and procedures for getting Non-Immigrant B Visa for teaching and doing business purposes.  As it was mentioned, each case is very specific and individual.  Therefore, the best way is to arrange an in-person interview and to listen to you during it,  This approach would certainly enable us to elaborate proper solutions for resolving your individual case in most effective and efficient manner. 


For questions or clarifications, please do not hesitate to contact us

  • retirement image.jpg
    GENERAL INFORMATION: You may qualify for a Non-Immigrant O (O-A) Visa for the retirement purposes ("Retirement Visa"}, if: 1. your age is 50 years old or over; 2. you have not le...

  • family.jpg
    GENERAL INFORMATION: You may qualify for a Non-Immigrant O Visa, which is extendable on the basis of marriage to a Thai national ("Thai Family Visa"), if: 1. you are married to a ...

  • Education.jpg
    GENERAL INFORMATION: If you wish to study or do internship in Thailand, then you have to apply for a Non-Immigrant ED Visa ("Education Visa"). You may qualify for Education Visa, i...

  • Support.png
    THAI CHILD SUPPORT If you are not married to a Thai national, but have a child with a Thai national or wishing to adopt a Thai child, then you may quali...

  • 90-day report.jpg
    In accordance with Thai immigration legislation, any foreign national holding a long-stay visa has to report his/her actual address to the nearest immigration office every 90 days....

  • Re-Entry.jpg
    If you are holder of an effective Thai visa and you would like to leave Thailand and return back to Thailand during the period of validity of your visa, you have to obtain a re-ent...

  • Residence Certificate.jpg
    If you plan to stay in Thailand for a period of time, you will probably face situations when you will need to prove your actual residence in Thailand (your actual residential addre...

  • images (1).jpg
    We also provide other immigration and visa related services to foreigners wishing to move to Chiang Mai or living in Chiang May. Typical services we additionally provide to our cli...

Contact Form

Visitors: 2,616