In general, Non-Immigrant B Visas are issued for the following purposes:
1. doing business in Thailand (Business);
2. working in Thailand as a teacher (English language teacher, for instance); or
3. working in Thailand (Working), provided that you is not supposed to occupy a profession that is prohibited for occupation by foreign nationals.
You may qualify for Non-Immigrant B Visa (Working), if:
1. you have an effective job offer from a company registered in Thailand;
2. you are supposed to occupy a profession that is not prohibited for occupation in Thailand;
3. your company can provide you with all necessary documents for granting you a Non-Immigrant B Visa.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR EXTENSION OF BUSINESS VISA:
1. you have valid and effective Thai Work Permit;
2. your employer can provide you with all necessary documents for extension;
3. your employer (company) meets the following specific requirement:
i. its registered capital is not less than 2,000,000 Thai Baht per one (1) work permit; this minimum threshold decreases to 1,000,000 Thai Baht per one (1) work permit provided that you are married to a Thai national; and
ii. it maintains a ratio of one (1) employed foreign national to four (4) employed Thai nationals.
4. your salary meets the minimum financial requirements, as they set by relevant Thai regulations and rules. For example, U.S. nationals have to be paid not less than 60,000 Thai Baht per month.
1. non-Immigrant B Visa (Working) does not automatically allows you to work in Thailand, but just enables you to apply for a work permit;
2. Thai Work Permit is the only document that allows you to work in Thailand;
3. the above minimum financial requirements do apply for visa extension and work permit granting purposes. Your actual salary may vary. However, it is strongly recommended to follow these requirements, otherwise you may face some difficulties with extension of your visa.
4. each case is individual, therefore please make sure that you have consulted with your employer or an external visa adviser on extension of your visa.
We intentionally do not specify requirements and procedures for getting Non-Immigrant B Visa for teaching and doing business purposes. As it was mentioned, each case is very specific and individual. Therefore, the best way is to arrange an in-person interview and to listen to you during it, This approach would certainly enable us to elaborate proper solutions for resolving your individual case in most effective and efficient manner.
For questions or clarifications, please do not hesitate to contact us.